Sunday, March 9, 2008

And They're Off!

Well here we go! This is my very first post, so I'll give you the Cole's Notes version of what I am up to these days and how this blog was born.

A couple of months ago I started a business designing and selling jewelry. I soon found out that the designing part is a piece of cake, but the selling part is going to take some creative effort. A month ago I decided to tap in to the online market and set up an ETSY store.
http://www.radicallyriley.etsy.com/
Do a search for jewelry with ETSY alone and you get over 17 000 pages of hits! Talk about the proverbial needle in a haystack. Now those on ETSY who have demonstrated success simply swear by blogs as a way to offer potential customers a greater chance of finding you and a glimpse into exactly what makes you tick.

And so...another blog was born.

Prior to beginning my business, I discovered jewelry making in the summer of 2007. I admired a friend's necklace, as I am in love with turquoise. She told me she had made it herself and offered to take me on a spree to the local bead shop and then show me how to make my own. Well the rest is history. I finally, at 42, know what I need to do with my life. I could honestly do this day and night. In fact, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with a head full of ideas and simply have to get up and create something.

Now the marketing thing has been seriously cutting into my creating time lately, but I think I've got the shop pretty well set now, so today I create!

Check back tomorrow and see the outcome.

No comments: