Friday, March 28, 2008

Things Are Looking Up

I got a little more business this week.

One of my colleagues had an amethyst ring she had inherited from her Grandmother and knew she would never wear. She asked me to make her a pendant from the stone. The ring also contained six little diamonds. The diamonds were too small for me to wrap, so I made a polymer clay pendant and embedded them in that. The wrap for the amethyst is the most challenging I have done so far, the design is from Mavis Llewellyn. I'm pleased with the result. It is slightly off center, but I think it looks pretty good.







Another colleague admired one of my rings this week and has ordered one in, coincidently, Swarovski amethyst for her daughter. This one was my original design, so I'm quite happy with that sale.






My chronic fatigue has gotten the best of me this week, so I've been taking it pretty easy. I don't have anything planned for the weekend, so resting and jewelry making are foremost on my agenda. I also got some a new set of pearlex that I can't wait to get into. I used some on the diamond pendant yesterday, but I think I'll enjoy doing some experimenting over the weekend.



2 comments:

artsyclay said...

WOW! I love all your work but that wire-wrapped amethyst is out of this world!

RadicallyRiley said...

Thank you so much! You have no idea how much in need of a little positive feedback I was.