Friday, March 14, 2008

A Bead A Day...

Yesterday I had an appointment in Ottawa, so of course I had to make a little stop at Sassy Beads on Bank Street. Being surrounded by all those colours and textures feeds my soul. I kept telling myself that, since I'm headed off to Toronto tomorrow to the Bead Oasis show, I really shouldn't buy anything. Did I listen to that little voice? Noooooooo! I don't think I've ever left a bead store without buying something. I was, however, more restrained than usual. Mostly I got seed beads (on sale...could I really afford not to buy?) and stringing material, but here are a couple of beads that begged me to take them home, which of course I did. Hey... maybe I could start an SPCB to rescue stray and abused beads.









Here are some pics of the necklace and earrings I made on Wednesday. I really love the carnelian/copper combination. They're pretty conservative for me, but I guess even Radicals have their conservative moments. I think I'll do another necklace like this one, but shorten up the distances between bead groupings.

















Well, off to enjoy the sun while it lasts here in relentlessly snowy Ontario!

No comments: